Living Goods (LG) seeks to improve the lives of tens of millions of underserved customers by revolutionizing the way community health is delivered in the developing world. To do this, Living Goods not only grows its own business operations, but also dramatically magnifies its impact through large-scale partnerships. Living Goods works with many of the world’s leading visionary organizations across the corporate, social and government sectors. Current partners include the governments of Kenya and Uganda, plus Care International, BRAC and PSI. Living Goods’ future success increasingly depends on the state of the art mHealth, communications, the latest mobile tools, apps and technologies to drive impact.
- Manage Project Technical Configuration: Work independently and partner with project managers to write technical scope of work, support service design, configure and customize communication technologies and data visualization dashboards to meet requirements, create user manuals, deploy and train on technologies managing project timelines and monitor usage of the technologies.
- Work with designers and project managers to ensure that systems designs are feasible and building upon past work. Be available to other teammates who may be building other systems, to maintain best practices and quality. Manage project timelines, monitor usage of platforms
- Support Product Development: Work with Living Good's designers to describe mHealth needs and opportunities in your region and to ensure these needs are addressed in LG's current products or in LG's Product road map.
- Post Deployment Product Support: Support end users and stakeholders (internal and external) on any arising technology issues/bugs working alongside tech support team to resolve or escalate to other tech teams and follow up to resolution.
- Be based in Kenya /Uganda and/or have legal work permits for Kenya/Uganda.
- Have Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or Mathematics and 3+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have experience with relational databases, Postgres and MySQL
- Have experience in Scripting languages Appscript/Shell/Awk
- Have experience with data analysis and data visualization languages R/Matlab/Python
- Candidates should have the following personal work ethics (essential qualifications):
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to pass on information clearly to users and to grasp difficulties perceived by users.
- Commitment to frequent and timely communication, both in person and online (via email, Internet Relay Chat, and other online chat applications).
- Strong problem solver with good logical diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgement in the resolution of problems
- Ability to multi-task in dealing with several different problems at a time.
- Strong customer service orientation that establishes a good working relationship with customers, with the attitude of wanting to assist people and pass-on their knowledge and experience to others.
- Ability to work under high pressure, meet deadlines, monitor and follow-up on pending matters under minimum
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods.