Living Goods is seeking an extraordinary Development Associate who will exert strong leadership by supporting a broad range of development and communications priorities that enable the organization to achieve its ambitious goals. This is a critical role in a rapidly growing social enterprise. We plan to more than triple in size in the next few years. We think big, but we operate small and nimble.
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to innovate and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, collaborative culture, if you set high standards, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods.
The Development Associate will be a rockstar implementer and systems-builder with an exceptional eye for detail, a strong sense of professional judgment and responsibility, and solid writing and communications skills. You’ll manage, strengthen, and create critical systems and data related to grants and donor stewardship, improving the efficiency of our reporting as we scale. While keeping the ship running for our development team and office, you’ll eagerly jump in to strategic research projects to help move us more quickly towards our revenue goals, strengthen our advocacy efforts, and refine our impact. It will be a great launching point for someone ready to tackle whatever task is asked of them, no matter how big or small, while learning the ins and outs of how a best-in-class fundraising team operates.
The Development Associate will be responsible for:
Development, Communications and Advocacy support – approximately 75%
- Donor Research & Stewardship: Assist with cultivation and stewardship initiatives to engage key funders, allies, and partners in our mission. Identify and conduct research and analysis on prospective donors (individuals, foundations, corporations) to identify new funding opportunities
- Communications/Advocacy: Assist with various activities including monitoring community health field and key stakeholder ecosystem and research to support social media strategy, assist in development of communications collateral, research on potential media opportunities, and other projects as needed.
- Systems, Processes & Knowledge Management: Manage all development-related data and reports in Salesforce to accurately reflect ongoing cultivation and stewardship activities and progress against goals
SF Office Management - approximately 25%
- General office management: Keep the SF office organized and running efficiently.
- Administrative: serve as the first point of contact for the organization by screening calls and responding to email inquiries.
- Financial: Support basic bookkeeping functions, including sending wire transfers, making bank deposits, approving payments, etc.
- Support to President and SF Leadership team: Administrative scheduling and meeting planning as needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2 to 5 years professional experience required
- Experience living/working in the developing world preferred
- Experience with fundraising/development preferred
- Experience providing support to senior executives preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated passion for Living Goods’ mission and alignment with its values
- Superb communication skills across all mediums that engage and inspire others
- Superior customer service orientation
- Exceptional judgment, including a high level of discretion when handling confidential materials
- Proficiency with Salesforce and Microsoft Office
You will thrive in this role if….
- You’re a hungry learner. You’re excited to soak up information while learning and continuously improving. You bring a problem-solving orientation to your work and instinctively seek opportunities for reflection and feedback. You have a knack for strengthening processes and systems to improve quality and efficiency.
- You appreciate quality data. You’re diligent about maintaining accurate, up-to-date records because you know that strong knowledge management is the foundation for solid decision-making. This attention to detail permeates your work.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions to obstacles. You can juggle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritizing
- You want to learn and grow with us. You’re excited to take on new projects and learn new skills and always have an eye out for professional development opportunities. Living Goods is an organization quickly growing and changing where opportunities for growth and advancement are available to those who excel. We plan to expand our business development team over the next few years and are looking for someone who is interested in building a career with the organization in the long term.