Living Goods (LG) seeks to improve the lives of tens of millions of underserved customers by revolutionizing the way community health is delivered in the developing world. To do this, Living Goods not only grows its own business operations, but also dramatically magnifies its impact through large-scale partnerships. Living Goods works with many of the world’s leading visionary organizations across the corporate, social and government sectors. Current partners include the governments of Kenya and Uganda, plus Care International, BRAC and PSI. Living Goods’ future success increasingly depends on the state of the art mHealth, communications, the latest mobile tools, apps and technologies to drive impact.
Living Goods is looking to hire a Project manager who will be responsible for delivering our Technology projects on time within budget and scope. An ideal candidate for this role should possess business management, budgeting and analysis skills and have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
Project managers are skilled at getting the best out of the people and projects that they oversee.
Ideally, you are proactive, a strong written and verbal communicator, self-directed, self-motivated, committed and passionate about Living Goods mission, and excited to join a dynamic, growing team.
A successful candidate will work cross functionally with different regional and global teams to ensure the successful deployment of projects in Africa.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage and coordinate the ‘path-to-deployment’ and ‘path-to-scale’ for multiple innovation projects; coordination of projects activities which include conceptualization, designing, development and configuration, functional and user testing of projects spanning multiple year, driving potential for large scale impact.
- Work with the design team to design and iteratively improve on the health service delivery workflows incorporated in Living Goods products.
- Develop Impact and activity metrics/indicators and monitoring plan for portfolio projects to track and address issues as they arise for successfully transition to full-scale and realize health impact and monitoring overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Lead the process of documenting and communicating lessons learned from projects both internally and externally. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Support the communication team with the development of external communication material including; proposal, reports, presentations and write-ups for various audiences ensuring timely reporting and communication with all stakeholders.
- Prepare and manage work plans and budgets for all projects under various scenarios to facilitate quality project management and decision making in an ambiguous environment.
- Identify all the internal and external resources whether financial or human resources required completing the project successfully and recruiting for junior positions within the project.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Provide coaching and guidance to the team members about every aspect of the project so that the team members can understand their tasks fully and act on them efficiently.
- Manage team members on assigned projects.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Recommending information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- As Living Goods is a dynamic organization, perform other duties as assigned.
- Be based in Kenya /Uganda and/or have legal work permits for Kenya/Uganda.
- BA/BS degree in Project Management, Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in project management with experience in Project Management tools.
- Experience working with marginalized communities in any social impact programs.
- Excellent work planning and budget management skills.
- Experience in collaborating multiple internal and external stakeholders and teams.
- Experience with managing expectations and change directly and indirectly.
- Good understanding of data collection, analytics and ability to interpret research for program design and implementation.
- Willingness to travel to project implementation geographies in Africa up to 50% of the time.
- Adaptable, self-motivated, inquisitive and a team player who is interested in being part of a fast-paced, growing and diverse team with a start-up atmosphere.
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to multitask and manage timeline pressure focusing on quality.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.