Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, but operate small and nimble. We train community health workers to bring life-saving products and health services to families’ doorsteps. Services like prenatal assessments and well baby visits. Products like medicines, fortified foods, and modern contraceptives.
We also empower community health workers through mobile phones. We teach them how to detect and treat common illnesses like pneumonia, malaria, malnutrition, and diarrhea. We develop smart phone apps to guide home visits and create predictive algorithms to make the best use of community health workers' time. And we test new cool tools like paperless referrals to clinics and biosensors to monitor infant and child growth.
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
Innovation is the hallmark of Living Goods. We’re constantly testing new tools and techniques to improve community health. Our software engineers invent new apps. Community health teams identify new approaches. External partners help us create new tools.
Having so many ideas being worked on simultaneously can be both exciting and daunting so we need someone to help us make sense of them all. That’s why we’ve created the new role of Innovation Analyst.
- Conduct rigorous analytics. You will help design experiments that touch on many different topic areas at Living Goods and that utilize sound design principles such as randomization, propensity score matching, and other research methods.
- Translate data. You will interpret and summarizing data from experiments translating complex information into easy to understand findings and lessons learned.
- Support the design of rigorous research experiments. You will support the design of rigorous research experiments: advising on experiment design decisions such as sample size and sampling method, selection of appropriate control groups, statistical power, and ensuring that experiments can meet stated objectives and answer target questions.
- Advise on data quality improvements. You will provide guidance and input to our monitoring and evaluation team to improve data collection methods, developing tools and resources that can identify data quality problems, and implementing best practices for data accuracy.
- Promote staff mentorship. You will lead trainings for team members on data analysis and data fluency, developing and revising training materials and resources, and providing targeted mentorship to key staff to build their data analysis and experiment design skills.
- Strong academic credentials. You have a University degree in Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Relevant work experience. You have 2-3 years’ work experiences in a demanding professional work environment, or successful entrepreneurial experience.
- Demonstrated statistical background. You have strong foundation in statistical analyses, with a preference for experience with designing and implementing randomized controlled trials and using data analytics. In addition, you are comfortable navigating large relational databases, retrieving and querying data (e.g. using MySQL or PostgreSQL).
- Comfortable with analysis software. You have experience using advanced Excel functions for data analysis. Experience with statistical software such as STATA, SPSS or R required. Proficiency with business intelligence tools (such as Tableau or Business Objects) a plus.
- Collaborative spirit. We want someone who actively listens and communicates. You connect easily with her/his team and gain their trust and respect. Who can work across departments -- with executive team members, country representatives, and organizational peers.
- Solid work ethic. You’re at home in a fast-paced environment that requires excellent time-management and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively. In addition, you are comfortable in working independently, with reliable execution and strong communication skills.
- Team player. You play well with others enjoy seeing the impact of our work as a team.
- Multitasks. You’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once while ‘staying calm and carrying on.’ You think strategically, handle ambiguity and work well in a multicultural environment.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of under served communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply for Innovation Analyst through our applicant tracking system. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @Living_Goods