Manager, Software Quality Assurance
Manager, Software Quality Assurance
Reports to: Director, Software Engineering
Preferred Location(s): Kenya, Uganda, Burkina Faso, Other
Living Goods endeavours to improve access to essential healthcare services in underserved regions, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa. We empower Community Health Workers (CHWs) with digital tools that enable them to deliver door-to-door care. CHWs use a mobile app to track pregnancies, diagnose and treat common infectious diseases like malaria and pneumonia, monitor disease outbreaks, and follow up with families. Real-time data also supports performance monitoring and impact assessment. By integrating tech-based solutions into community health systems, Living Goods fosters better health outcomes, demonstrating the power of digital health in transforming healthcare delivery in resource-constrained settings.
We are looking for Software Quality Assurance Manager to be responsible for the overall quality, functionality, and reliability of our digital health solutions. These include mobile and web applications used by CHWs and their supervisors, complex ETL data pipelines, data visualization solutions and learning management platforms. The successful candidate will work closely with the program, product management and software engineering teams to ensure that end user requirements are adequately fulfilled through high quality and reliable digital health solutions. This role will be embedded within the Digital Health Team and report to the Director of Software Engineering.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Lead QA engineers in designing comprehensive test plans and procedures to validate the functionality, usability, and reliability of our digital health solutions.
- Develop guidelines for analysing, triaging, and documenting software defects using a bug tracking system.
- Establish pre-release testing procedures, as well as guidelines for evaluating release readiness and informing go/no-go decisions.
- Organise User Acceptance Testing (UAT) workshops to ensure alignment with user needs and foster collaborative feedback to improve product quality and user satisfaction.
- Collaborate with software engineers to ensure the availability of comprehensive and up-to-date software documentation.
- Identify and evaluate new software testing tools and methodologies to foster innovation, optimise testing efficiency, and increase the overall quality of our software products.
- Measure, track and improve software quality metrics like defect rates, test coverage and test case effectiveness to ensure the highest level of product quality and reliability.
- Provide status updates to key leadership, stakeholders, partners, and clients on software quality assurance.
- Lead, mentor, and manage QA engineers, providing guidance on best practices and professional development.
Skills & Competencies
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in software quality assurance, with at least 2 years in a managerial role. Experience in the digital health sector, especially within a non-profit organization using open-source platforms, would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in QA concepts, terminology, processes, and methodologies including functional testing, regression testing, usability testing, performance testing, penetration testing, and test automation.
- Familiarity with test management tools such as HP Quality Centre and Apache JMeter as well as test automation frameworks like Selenium, Cypress, and Playwright
- Experience collaborating closely with end users, product managers, software engineers, and open-source communities.
- Proven ability to lead a technical team and deliver effectively on projects.
- Experience working collaboratively in a cross-functional team to achieve project and organizational goals.
- Strong curiosity with a love of learning and exploring new technologies with potential for innovation.
- Enthusiasm and passion for digital health for development.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Digital Health, or a related discipline.
- QA certifications an added advantage.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.